"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx



Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Black Box (Harry Bosch, #18) by Michael Connelly


Good ol' Harry... I always love to revisit a character I've followed from their debut. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to read a Harry Bosch story that didn't include him fighting some inter-departmental battle to keep his job. Maybe there has been several like that and I'm just overlooking them right now. I really enjoy this series and I won't stop reading them but it does get a little repetitive-his constant fight to keep his job. I mean how many people can really hate a person that much to try and get him fired all the time? My mind kept wandering during the crime solving bits; I couldn't seem to get into the mystery deep enough to stay there. I did snap right to when the story circled back to Harry's daughter. I like her character and I'm curious to see where Connelly is going with her. Harry's getting up there; will Maddie be taking his place as Connelly's leading detective? 

You will find an official plot line description at:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13495034-the-black-box.

No comments:

Post a Comment