"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx



Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A Window Across the River by Brian Morton


I am having a difficult time finding anything redeeming about this book. The characters were all pitiable with nothing to endear them, all  sad examples of unfulfilled adults. It was really a depressing read! I was particularly unimpressed by the main female character. She's immature and selfish, despite the few samples of caring thrown in. Ultimately there isn't anyone to care about in the novel. The cats I guess. I hope the cats make out all right in the end. 

There was one quote that stuck with me despite all else, delivered by Isaac: "When it's your party, you have no rights." Ha! In the throes of wedding planning myself, I had to ruefully agree with that sentiment. As backwards as it seems, in many ways that's actually true! 

You will find an official plot line description at:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/382470.A_Window_Across_the_River.

No comments:

Post a Comment