"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx



Saturday, December 17, 2011

The Passage by Justin Cronin


Uhhh.....what? Those two monosyllabic words capture my entire reaction to this lengthy 700+ page tome. The plot line was very difficult for me to follow and so much of the story is left unresolved that I felt like I missed something. I kept double checking, turning it over, trying to make sure that I didn't somehow miss an entire section. The section that ended it. The section that tied up loose ends, closed up the plot, finally explained why I, the reader, had taken this journey to begin with. Disjointed, strange, too long on pages, too short on cohesive story telling. Ultimately unimpressive in all aspects except length.
A wicked fire starter. But not in the uber-cool rockstar kind of way. Like in an actual fire starter kind of way.... 


You will find an official description of the plot line at: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6690798-the-passage

No comments:

Post a Comment