"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx



Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Rules of Prey by John Sandford


I have only ever read one other book by this author and to say I was disenchanted by it would be an understatement. That first experience with Sandford caused me to approach this one with tempered enthusiasm but I was pleasantly surprised. There was, of course, the redundant, ever-present, rich, sex-hound, playboy main character but the mystery was fairly gripping which helped make up for the obnoxious character creations. There are some intimate moments with the psycho of the hour which were a little too much for my sensitive side sometimes but despite that, more than once I found myself standing in the middle of the room with my mouth hanging open listening to the story unravel. 


You will find an official plot line description at: 
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/37301.Rules_of_Prey

No comments:

Post a Comment