"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx



Tuesday, March 4, 2014

A Trophy of Grace by Sylvia Ralston


When I first started this short little book I wasn't sure I was going to get through it. I had a difficult time with the writing style and kept fixating on mechanics rather than the story. I pushed on and it didn't take long before I was too wrapped up in Sylivia's tale to notice anything else. I have the distinct pleasure of counting Sylvia's son among my friends so her journey of courage and survival was even more poignant for me. It's hard to imagine the faith and courage it took for Sylvia to continue taking one step after another despite the fear of being caught. This book is difficult to get now as it is out of print but if ever you come across a copy, read it not as a sample of fine storytelling and word smithing, but for the hero's triumph over adversity and terror. 


You will find an official plot line description at: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20454327-a-trophy-of-grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment