"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx



Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Allegiant by Veronica Roth


Dang it... This series reminded me of a crossover vehicle. It wasn't quite The Hunger Games but it was parked on the same side of the lot as The Hunger Games. A similar look and feel without the blood curdling suspense. A little more thought provoking from a societal point of view but not nearly as heart-stoppingly intense. This final installment feels like a cop out. I think Veronica Roth could have come up with a much better ending had she not relied on the out-of-the-manual ending she chose. Some of my reader friends warned me that I would be disappointed. I resisted those dire predictions, refusing to believe Roth would let me down now, but alas.... 

You will find an official plot summary at: 
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18710190-allegiant?from_search=true.

No comments:

Post a Comment