"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx



Saturday, January 28, 2012

The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin


The Happiness Project was a nice reminder of how to pivot and focus on the things that matter. I appreciated Gretchen Rubin's methodical and organized approach to each of her monthly goals. She does a good job of respecting that every person's happiness project will be different, looking at different goals and facilitating the project with a different process. She shares her successes and failures equally. She makes notes of both her positive attributes and the elements of her life and personality that she would like to change or improve upon. I found The Happiness Project inspiring without any preaching. I was not so inspired that I jumped right into a happiness project of my own but I have found myself drawing on a number of observations and musings from the book since I finished this account of Gretchen Rubin's journey to a happier existence. 


You will find an official plot line description at: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6398634-the-happiness-project

No comments:

Post a Comment