"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx



Monday, July 4, 2011

Saving Fish from Drowning by Amy Tan



Whenever we review something the question we are answering is "What did you think?" This tale from the hand of Amy Tan invoked very little thought and was ultimately more of a mind-numbing experience. Its epic length and the multitudes of side stories and extra details elongated the novel to the point of pain. There is no doubt that Tan writes beautifully. She has a way with words that makes the reader feel like she is floating in a calm pool-but the floating leads to the induction of a meditative trance and eventually drooling... (Not a good look for anyone I've met so far...). After the hours and hours I spent with this novel, I still cannot tell you what the point of it was. Although I wish her nothing but the best, I'm ending my relationship with Amy Tan.


You will find an official description of the plot line at: 
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9503.Saving_Fish_from_Drowning

No comments:

Post a Comment