"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx



Friday, June 15, 2012

Dead Witch Walking by Kim Harrison


Upon the recommendation of a new friend, I am giving this series a try. I love to keep a smattering of novels produced by writers like Charlaine Harris, Janet Evanovich, or Lisa Lutz. They prevent my reading list from getting too serious! While this novel certainly fits that express requirement, it didn't regale me with, well, anything really. It wasn't particularly funny, exciting, well-written, or clever. I finished it without forcing my way through it but I didn't log right on to buy the second installment of the series. I am going to try one more and if nothing registers by then I'll move on to funnier vampires and clumsier detectives :0).

You will find an official description of the plot line at:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/30264.Dead_Witch_Walking.

2 comments:

  1. I really like your blog! Is there anyway I can contact you about possible review titles. Please email me kenya(dot)walker@us(dot)penguingroup(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Kenya!
      Thank you so much. I appreciate your comment and am so glad you enjoy Biblio-Files. I sent an e-mail to the address you provided. I hope it reaches you. If not, please let me know. I would love to discuss possible review titles with you.
      Have a wonderful day,
      Chanda

      Delete