"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx



Saturday, February 5, 2011

Pursuit by Thomas Perry


I didn't really read this book, I would say I endured it. This one had the distinct feeling of a suspense/psychological thriller relayed in deadpan. Droning on and on and then the conclusion wraps everything up neat as pin in less than a chapter. I found myself wondering at what stage in his career the author was in when he produced this. There were moments when you could tell he thought he was on a roll in a descriptive sense. He carries on about the look of a person or a street and then the 'but I digress' is nearly audible. The moral of the story: when you create a good sentence or a great paragraph it must also be relevant, otherwise it's really not that wonderful after all.


You will find an official description of the plot line at:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2971066.Pursuit

No comments:

Post a Comment